Wild Purveyors has continuously provided cultivated and foraged mushrooms for our customers. Each mushroom share will contain three varieties of mushrooms; 1 lb of common mushrooms like crimini or portabella, 1/2 lb of less common mushrooms like shiitake or oyster and 1/4 lb of exotic mushrooms like beech, miatake, royal trumpet, or a foraged variety when available.
Price includes FOUR shares ($20/share).
Below are two sample PA mushroom CSA shares:
- 1 lb crimni, 1/2 lb shiitake, 1/4 foraged hen of the woods
- 1 lb portabella, 1/2 lb oyster, 1/4 royal trumpet
To help keep shares affordable, our winter CSA is divided into three, two-month commitments. Your personalized box will be delivered bi-weekly to the location you choose at checkout. Shares are available for pick-up only. Delivery dates, pick-up locations and times are shown below.
- Round 2: January 5, January 19, February 2, February 16
- Round 3: March 1, March 15, March 29, April 12
- Round 2: January 7, January 21, February 4, February 18
- Kretschmann Family Organic Farm (farm set locations and times)
Times and Locations:
(Highland Park) The Union Project: Tuesday, 4pm - 7pm
(North Side) New Hazlett Theater: Tuesday, noon - 2pm
(Lawrenceville) Lucid Chiropractic: Tuesday, 4pm - 7pm
(Squirrel Hill) Dobra Tea: Tuesday, 4pm - 7pm
- Kretschmann Family Organic Farm: farm set locations and times
Phillips Mushroom Farms
In Kennett Square, PA, Phillips Mushroom Farms is producing 200 million pounds of mushrooms annually. William W. Phillips began mushroom farming in 1920, and his early temperature control experiments were a significant breakthrough for the mushroom industry, allowing mushrooms to be grown year round. Still family owned, Phillips Mushroom Farms distributes common, exotic, and dried mushrooms to all 50 States.